Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I can fly (if I shoot upwards at a velocity higher than 9.81 m/s)

I can do math. I can remember tons of chemistry. I can draw almost to reality. I can drop a shuttlecock with shocking finesse. I can get good grades - like, really good grades. I can even make friends.

I'm working the pushups. I'm working the paint. I'm working the running. I'm working the badminton game. I'm working the attitude. I'm working the leadership. I'm even working the weights.

But you know what I can't do? I can't do God, because I'm a flopping, imperfect, immoral sinner, tied to this world with chains of conceitedness and materials and acceptance.

Praise the Lord for his love and forgiveness of us. Thank the Lord because he took up the crushing and suffocating burden of my sins and the world's sins, of every imperfection and every disappointment, of every corruption and every depression. And love the Lord because he died and rose again so we could live.

No comments:

Post a Comment